If you’re anything like me, you can barely keep track of all the bottles of beauty products overflowing on your vanity. Downsizing your beauty clutter may sound ideal, but who wants to risk sacrificing radiant skin and silky hair for a little organization? Turns out, there’s a single item that can replace a handful of that overflow—the best part, it’s one hundred percent natural: coconut oil! When living in Australia I noticed this moisturizing, antioxidant-filled essential stocked on all my girlfriends kitchen shelves, diving a little deeper beyond its cooking benefits we found countless beautifying benefits. (In fact, coconut oil is so effective that many brands already incorporate the buttery substance into their products’ formulas) Here are a few ways for you to skip the beauty middle-man (and potentially harsh chemicals!) and create a DIY beauty routine centered around coconut oil.
Repair damaged hair naturally: condition and repair damaged hair by rubbing coconut oil onto your ends.
Make a moisturizing body scrub: Blend coconut oil with sugar to make an exfoliating scrub. You can also add essential oils or other fragrances (like ginger!) to create your very own scented scrubs!
Fight dry skin: Moisturize dry winter skin by applying coconut oil straight from the jar to your skin after stepping out of the shower.
Replace your shaving cream: Get smooth and silky legs by replacing shaving cream with coconut oil! This is especially beneficial if you have sensitive skin.
Get clear skin: Fight acne with coconut oil’s antibacterial properties. Combine with baking soda to create an exfoliating scrub, and admire your newly radiant skin!
Tame frizz and renew shine: Fight frizz by using a dab of coconut oil in place of hair mousse or gel. Enjoy your extra shiny ‘do!
Fight aging: Apply a dab of coconut oil around your eyes and let its antioxidants fight wrinkles!
Remove makeup and clean brushes: Use melted coconut oil as a chemical-free makeup remover or brush cleaner.
photos via theglitterguide
187 Notes/ Hide
- heroargent likes this
- intellectual--boner reblogged this from benaddicted-to-cumberbatch
- intellectual--boner likes this
- letgoanndletliveagain reblogged this from benaddicted-to-cumberbatch
- firstontheagenda reblogged this from benaddicted-to-cumberbatch
- bluebell-e likes this
- im-tony-stark likes this
- matthewhellamy likes this
- hadouqueen reblogged this from benaddicted-to-cumberbatch
- hadouqueen likes this
- heyitsmychemicalkatie likes this
- crackerslacker69 likes this
- verymuchmcr likes this
- pewpewpew-youredead likes this
- thequeenofpineapples likes this
- benaddicted-to-cumberbatch reblogged this from bambiandbanter
- bolan5jw likes this
- soldmysoultozouis likes this
- itsquniverse likes this
- pearl-sam likes this
- zeppelin-is-life reblogged this from bambiandbanter
- zeppelin-is-life likes this
- kristijenner19 reblogged this from bambiandbanter
- kristijenner19 likes this
- internetcourse likes this
- life4aprincess likes this
- f---er reblogged this from bambiandbanter
- beautilation likes this
- the-warriors-heart likes this
- xxpenciledinxx likes this
- shannypoontang likes this
- co-c0re reblogged this from vanityliveson
- co-c0re likes this
- vanityliveson reblogged this from rinnstyle
- oohshasha likes this
- rinnstyle reblogged this from joyfullnoise
- joyfullnoise reblogged this from bambiandbanter
- kaylabaylaslife likes this
- cuteclothesandsummernights reblogged this from bambiandbanter
- pingpongmuffinhead likes this
- lacrossebug123 reblogged this from sduirtle
- lacrossebug123 likes this
- sduirtle reblogged this from bambiandbanter
- sduirtle likes this
- hanna-umphlett likes this
- whitewhiskerkat likes this
- a98sh likes this
- reniwithavinfront reblogged this from supreme-weirdo
- reniwithavinfront likes this